Updated: April 18th, 2023
ARC Group Limited and its affiliates undertake to fully meet the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the Laws of the Hong Kong as well as the GDPR regulation of the European union. In doing so, we will ensure our staff comply to the strictest standards of security and confidentiality in respect of all personal information and data submitted by you via our products, services and website. To protect your privacy, we are committed to safeguard your personal information (or “personal data”) to maintain customer trust.
Information we collect and how we use it
We collect information from you as part of certain features on our Site, such as when you fill out our contact form or email request form, register for a webinar, newsletter or download a white paper. The information we collect may include your name, title, email address, company name, phone number, general location, and circumstances of collection. Third party tools employed on our Site, like Google Analytics, may collect additional information from you, such as geographic area, age, operating system language, and inbound referral link. We may use the contact information you input to send you or your organization information, newsletters, special offerings, and other communications (such as event notifications, job postings, and content available for download), to service our Site, and as necessary to perform services for you or your organization once you or your organization becomes a customer.
We also have a feature that allows you to send us your resume if you are interested in a career at ARC Group. We may use this information as part of the evaluation and hiring process and to send you future job postings.
If required by law, we may also use the information to meet our obligations, requirements or arrangements in connection with any law, regulation, judgement, court order, sanctions regime, within the European Union (“EU”), the US Hong Kong, or another jurisdiction, and to comply with any guidelines, guidance or requests given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authority, self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of financial services provided within or outside of the EU, US or Hong Kong (the “Authorities”)
Offline Contact Information
You may provide us with your contact information, such as name, title, email address, company name, phone number, general location, and circumstances of collection, in a variety of ways, such as via a business card, through a lead page at a presentation, or at a conference. We may store and use that contact information to contact you or your organization for marketing, send you or our organization support information, product and service announcements, and other business communications, to service our Site and as necessary to perform services for you or your organization once you or your organization becomes a customer. Your contact information may be combined with contact information we collect through our Site and otherwise will be held in the same manner as contact information we collect through our Site, as further described below.
Tools employed on our Site may gather your IP address when you access the Site. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer, maintain, and improve the Site, and gather broad geolocation information for aggregate use. Your IP address may indicate the city from which you are accessing the Internet, but we do not use your IP address in a manner linked to other of your personally identifiable information.
Updating and removing your information
We will let you update your personal information that you have provided to us through the methods available on the Site. You may also contact us to update or remove your information via the email address provided at the end. We will also take steps to make sure that any updates or removal requests that you provide are processed in a timely and complete manner. If you request that we remove your personal information, that may impact your ability to access or receive our services.
We do not sell personally identifiable information collected via the Site to third party marketers.
Cookies and Online tracking
- allow our web server to determine whether the cookies setting on your web browser has been enabled or disabled. This allows us to know whether data can be collected from your web browser;
- temporarily allow you to carry information between pages of our website to avoid having to re-enter that information;
- temporarily identify your device after you have logged in to a secure page on our website so that our web server can maintain a dialogue with your web browser in order for you to carry out certain activities.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These are used to help us improve our website by:
- tracking your visits to our website and recognising your web browser when you are a repeat visitor so that we can gather statistics on new and repeat visitors to evaluate site effectiveness.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to:
- personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language and region);
- store your login and other preferences so you do not have to re-enter that information when you return to the website.
- Targeting / advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, your response to our online advertisements, track the pages you have visited and the website links you have followed. We use this information to:
- make our website more relevant to your interests;
- provide online advertisements or offers on our website or third-party websites which are most likely to interest you;
- evaluate the effectiveness of our online marketing and advertising programs.
The above cookies may be placed on your device by us or by third parties on our behalf (for example, advertising networks and providers of external services like web traffic analysis services). No personally identifiable information about you is collected or shared with third parties as a result of this research.
If you would like further information on the cookies we employ, please contact us via the email address provided at the end. Below are some online resources that provide some helpful information on how to change your cookie preferences:
- http://www.youronlinechoices.eu (if you are based in the EU)
- https://youradchoices.com if you are based in the US)
Below is a list of cookies associated with Google Analytics that can be used on this Site from time to time:
|_ga||2 years||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_198322874_1||1 minute||This cookie is set by Google and is used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||1 day||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website’s performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||1 year||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the “Advertisement” category .|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||0||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Analytics”.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||0||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category “Functional”.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||0||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Necessary”.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||0||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||0||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Performance”.|
Disclosure or Transfer of Data
We will take all practicable steps to keep all your personal data confidential and/or undisclosed, subject to the provisions in this section. Generally speaking, we will only disclose and/or transfer your personal information to our personnel and staff for the purpose of providing services to you. However, we may also disclose and/or transfer such information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- Where the information is disclosed and/or transferred to any third party who have been duly authorized by us to use such information under a duty of confidentiality;
- Where the information is disclosed and/or transferred to any ARC agents, affiliates or associates who have been duly authorized by us to use such information;
- Where ARC needs to protect and defend our rights and property;
- Where ARC considers necessary to do so in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on ARC.
- Where ARC deems necessary to do so in order to maintain and improve the services; and
You are deemed to have agreed to, consented to and authorized us to disclose and/or transfer your personal information under the circumstances stated above. For these purposes we may provide your personal information to the following parties:
- any agents, contractors, sub-contractors or associates of the ARC (including their employees, officers, agents, contractors, service providers and professional advisers);
- any third party service providers who provide services to us or any affiliate., in connection with the operation or maintenance of our business (including their employees and officers);
- any Authorities;
- any persons under a duty of confidentiality to us or any affiliate of ARC. which have undertaken to keep such data confidential;
- any credit reference agencies;
- any affiliate of ARC Group Limited.;
- third party financial institutions, insurers, credit card companies, securities and investment services providers;
- third party reward, loyalty, co-branding and privileges programme providers;
- co-branding partners of ours or any affiliate of ARC. (the names of such co-branding partners will be provided during the application process for the relevant products and services, as the case may be); and
- charitable or non-profit making organisations.
You understand and agree that technical processing of your information is and may be required (a) to send and receive messages regarding your use of the Site; (b) to conform to the technical requirements of connecting networks; (c) to conform to the limitations of our Site; and (d) to conform to other, similar technical requirements.
We will always strive to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized access and have implemented appropriate electronic and managerial measures in order to safeguard, protect and secure your personal information.
All personal information provided by you is only accessible by the authorized personnel of ARC or our authorized third parties, and such personnel shall be instructed to observe the terms of this Policy when accessing such data. You may rest assured that your personal information will only be kept for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected.
No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Retention of Personal Data
Changes in this Policy